What is Living and Being?

Anyone who paid a little attention to their own thoughts, emotions, feelings, and inner drives, might have observed without much effort, that there are two dimensions working inside us - One is trying to stay absolutely still and the other is trying to create, do activity, and have as many experiences as possible using the world around them. In some sense, there seem to be two opposing forces working inside us all the time. 
After all the experiences & insights I had so far, and after a lot of traveling, reading, listening, watching, and trying to understand different cultures, people, religions and everything else I got my hand on, I came to realize that these two aspects are in fact two basic dimensions of my existence. I call them "Living" and "Being". 
"Being" is that dimension of myself that is absolutely still and contains infinite amount of peace, bliss, perfection, THAT which encompasses everything, THAT provides the deepest sense of security for me. When someone says BE your"self", or listen to your"self", BE true to your"self" and other pointed suggestions to look into "self" what exactly do they mean? My knowing says that they are actually pointing you to BE the "Being." 

I call the second dimension as Living. This is the dimension that "I" become when I am working, thinking, exploring, creating, acting, and when I am "do-ing" anything, and which is basis of everything in my LIFE.

Even though these two dimensions seem to be contradictory and opposing each other, they are an integral part of my existence and how "I" function, experience, and live in the world around me. 

I created this blog with an intension to share my thoughts about various topics related to these two dimensions. The posts on this site will range from my personal insights, topics related to religions, commonality among religions, spirituality, yoga, god, scriptures, technology, topics about current affairs, and my own personal experiences. 

I hope that upon reading my articles you will find something insightful that might shine a light inside you and further guide you towards whatever you are seeking at this time. 

Peace! 

Comments